FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician Trainer
1627031

My 2014 mazda3 stopped starting up yesterday after i was

Customer Question

My 2014 mazda3 stopped starting up yesterday after i was installing the rest of my speakers and sub. I only tapped into the rear speakers from inside the trunk so i dont know if there is anything in the trunk that could have alerted the anti theft or immobilizer system
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: Nothing to the trunk. My key fob still locks and unlocks thev car but when i try to press the push start it does nothing.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I called the mazda dealership in vacaville ca today but they are swamped and can't see me until next week
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** need to start by checking the battery. If you were working on the stereo then the battery may have drained when you were doing so. I would either charge it or try jumping the vehicle as that is the most likely issue. If you need more help please let me know.