peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2006 Mazda 3 GT HB won't go into fob programming mode. I

Customer Question

2006 Mazda 3 GT HB won't go into fob programming mode. I tried, my mechanic tried, a locksmith tried and I finally took it to the dealer. They traced it to a wire from the junction block that is supposed to deliver 5V to the keyless entry module. It is delivering 11V instead. They say the junction block needs to be replaced. I was looking to see if I can use a used part and have my regular mechanic do the replacement.
JA: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?
Customer: I bought the car used and the fob came with the car. Just to be clear, I can't try to program the fob because the car won't go into fob programming mode.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, not trying to fix it myself. I just want to know if I can use a used part and have my regular mechanic do the replacement. The junction block (is this the same as the PJB?) is about $1000 at the dealer. Also, Mazda 3 not 2.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The auto headlights don't work. The dealer said this might also be the junction block.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is just a wiring junction box or fuse panel junction box then it can be replaced without any programming needed in most all cases.This can usually be done by any mechanic familiar with this model here and that has the correct tools to do this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pete,Your answer is useless. I was led to believe that I would receive an answer from an experienced Mazda mechanic. Clearly, you are not one. Your answer is a hypothetical. That is, you essentially say, "If the device is a passive device, no flash is necessary." I can give that answer myself. The answer I am looking for would be, "The 2006 Mazda 3 PJB is/isn't an active device and therefore will/will not need flashing." Don't try to snow me with your useless answer. You're lucky I am responding to you like this instead of rating you only one star.