George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

I have some kind of leak on the right front side of my 2007

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have some kind of leak on the right front side of my 2007 Mazda 323. It is a little behind the front wheel. I can't tell whether it is oil or fluid. The car only has 43000 miles on it & my Mazda mechanic is closed on Mondays. I checked the power steering fluid & that seemed okay. It left 4 3 inch size spots on the driveway when I stopped before I drove into the garage. I am an elder woman who has no car sense.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: No whining noises. The car was serviced only a couple of months ago. I
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2007 Mazda 323. I bought it new in*****abt 5000 miles a year.
JA: Are you fixing your 323 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have a wonderful mechanic who is closed Sunday & Monday. I haven't tried really anything. Should I drive it back out on the driveway to get a second look?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the charge for this service? Will I be able to drive it 30-50 miles
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 10 months ago.

Hello I will help,

Is the fluid clear? Can you rub it between your fingers and see if it feels like water?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I don't think it is water but it appears lighter than straight oil.

Is it slippery? Does it have color or is is it clear?