Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

It wont start and won't lock with remote. just beeps. not

Customer Question
It wont start and won't...
It wont start and won't lock with remote. just beeps.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: not corroded. happened the other morning but i was able to start.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2015-mazda3 hatchback
JA: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't done anything except try to start and lock the car. won't lock. possible security issue with alarm?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/5/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Do you hear anything when you try to start it?

Clicking or a single click type of noise?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
single click and beeping
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Sorry, I am unable to do a phone call at this time.

Start with a Jump start. Let the donor car sit on it for 15 minutes, then try to start the car. This doesn't sound like a security issue, if it were you would still be able to lock and unlock the car without a problem.

Try the jump and let me know.

Sorry if this seems to take to long, I am typing as fast as I can!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what about the key? i don't know how that works with the push button start....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wouldn't the car still be able to lock and unlock with a dead battery?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are asking me.

If the key has lost it's programming usually the engine will still turn over.

Not if the vehicle battery is dead, it won't lock or unlock, that requires battery power from the car to work the door lock actuators and the body control module.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician