Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Driver side nor passenger window (power windows) will roll

Customer Question
up JA: Have you checked the...
driver side nor passenger window (power windows) will roll up
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: no, I can do that, would it matter id back door windows roll down or is that a different fuse
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2000 mazda mpv
JA: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to try myself, I have not tried anything yet?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need ideas as to what to try first then, etc.....
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
11/4/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Ok I understand all other windows and functions are working correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
front passenger and front driver side are not working Back windows do work. They are all power windows.
I am interested in a check this first list: example; check fuses, check this, then check this to help eliminate what it is not and what it is, please

I understand and that's my approach if your handy we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, go ahead, I am pretty handy with things and think I can do some checks or even put in a regulator or motor

This is why I ASK IF OTHER WINDOWS WERE WORKING. NOT LIKELY FUSES OR RELAYS .ALL THE WINDOW OPERATION GOES THROUGH THE MASTER SWITCH. So another question, does the rear windows work with both the master switch and door switches?

Does the passenger front window work with either switch at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all the same switches located on front driver side
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put down the window one day with the power switch and it would not roll back up. The passenger side did the same thing too.

Would you like to discuss this via phone so I can guide you or further texting? It's totally up to you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
texting is best as I am doing an online workshop

Very well NP

are these front windows totally in the down position?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Driver side, yes and passenger side no

So I assume you put the driver's side down first then when you started the pass side it quit half way?

Does the pass side move at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Passenger side I was able to get to go up with some force, the driver side I could do that a few times but it will NOT GO UP at all now.

Ok thanx for that info.These are the most used windows and could have worn parts or in need of lubing. If you said you can move the pass side helping the motor it may just be a sticking regulator. Are you capable of removing the door panels?

Just an option you don't have to accept.

I would like you to remove one door panel if you can.

you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can later tomorrow? What should I look for or need to know when I remove the door panel?

Remove the passenger door Pamel first and we can take it from there ok/ what time will you be on so we can proceed?

Have you had time to check anything I suggested yet? If you need further help let me know.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician