Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Can touching a wrench between the positive and negative

Customer Question
battery terminals cause any damage...
can touching a wrench between the positive and negative battery terminals cause any damage to any electronics on an 08 mazda cx7?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: It's not leaking and was just tested and fully charged. When I try to start it everything is operative inside but nothing when it's turned to start.
JA: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just bought this and and maybe I'm not doing something right to start it. it has the fob and switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the proper way to use the fob and ignition switch?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/23/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there,

Sounds like you have blown a 120 amp alternator/battery fuse.

Should be in the underhood fusebox.

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is that fuse located in the fuse box?

Hi again,

It seems on your model the fuse is intergrated into the battery harness.

Between the alternator and the starter motor.

Best to have Mazda do the job for you.

Sorry for bad news.

Kind regards

Gary

I think if you look under the positive red cover, there is something like this in the positive lead.

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/6Vk3Xf3CLcp3Vux2htBTPA/o.jpg

Gary

Hi again,

How did you go with your problem?

Do you need any further help?

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician