Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

My mazda cx-9 driver door is closed but the icon won't go

Customer Question
out and the door lights...
my mazda cx-9 driver door is closed but the icon won't go out and the door lights stay on. the driver handle is loose as well.
JA: Have you checked the switch?
Customer: I turned the dome lights off. The icon on the panel says the door is open when I park and when I drive. the doors are closed. Is it a seal or something?
JA: What year is your CX-9?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just tried closing the door really hard and pressing the handle in. When I was inside it did go off and on and would stay off if I didn't lean on it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't want the battery to run down and the Mazda dealership can't take me until monday paypal is charging me $20
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?
10/21/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok let me try that now. please hold ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you please give me detailed instructions on where the fuse box is.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to take the panel off to get to it?Also I let the car sit for an hour and those door lights actually went off. Not sure if they are going off and on or not.

well that i a different if they want off, did you wait long enough , it is usually up to 2 minutes they can stay on after you cut it off

yes there will an access cover for it if you dont see it take the panel off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The panel under the steering wheel correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want to break it so how does it come off?

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/jhook1398/0cde4954-5567-4f46-a5e5-2377ec54bc9c_1.gif

no it will be passenger side just like in this picture

click on the blue link it will open up a picture for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The first image looked like the driver side and the numbers matched. this image is on passenger's side and there are different numbers. Please clarify.

please disregard first images

sorry it is the 2nd image the last image i sent you ,passenger side fuse box fuse #F23 10 AMP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok it looks like the glove compartment. I'll try now

yes good deal let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm at the fuse box but it doesn't look like the image and there is no #f23

OK LETS MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU

OPEN THE DOOR AND SEE THAT THE INTERIOR LIGHT CAME ON AND PULL THE FUSES ONE BY ONE AND SEE WHICH ONE KILL THE LIGHTS that will be the one

forget about numbers of fuse and lablels

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Or can you find the correct fuse that goes with my 2011 cx-9? I've gotten this far and finally have the right fuse box, I just need the right number, please.

or you can

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was rude and unnecessary. But thank you for referring me to someone who might actually know what they are talking about instead of sending me the wrong information twice and then getting upset with me because I can't follow the directions for wrong information.
Mazda Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Different expert here.

The fuse for the dome lamp is in the box under the hood. See attached graphic.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Juan,Thanks for the help. I found a mechanic still open and he said it was the rear passenger knob that is shorting. He took out the door bulbs until he can get the part.

I'm glad you found a mechanic. As a precaution, you might want to have him/her temporarily remove that ROOM fuse - thus eliminating any risk of a short circuit while working on the door.

Best Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will let him know.

Great.

Best Regards.

Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer