Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2014 Mazda CX-5, the tpm trouble light turns on and the

Customer Question

2014 Mazda CX-5, the tpm trouble light turns on and the speedometer fails to work while the car is cold. Everything else on the instrument panel functions normally. Last winter any time I started it below 35F it would do it. Now the threshhold is 70F. After I park and the engine heat warms thefront end it will go normal. It seems like a sketchy electrical connection. Any thoughts?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • So far the sensor being replaced looks like the next step prior to us working on any diagnostics.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
How does the TPM sensor affect the speedometer?

I can not find a connection between the 2 other than the circuit board inside the instrument cluster. I would address the sensor causing the TPM light to come on to see if you can address both issues.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Are they on the same harness and connnector to the instrument cluster?

Both signals as well as most come to to the cluster on module communication wires. There are not stand alone wires like a wire that only turns on the TPM light, one wire for the speedometer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Gotcha. Wish I could see a point to point diagram. I'm a technician by trade just not the automotive type. Do all the inputs to the cluster pass through the ECM (ECU)?

Do you want a instrument cluster wire diagram?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This interface is exhausting. How many times must I reply "yes"
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Apparently your reply has not been coming through.

Me: Do you want a instrument cluster wire diagram? 24 Oct 2016, 12:06 AM

Customer: This interface is exhausting. How many times must I reply "yes" 26 Oct 2016, 7:02 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/cxic.pdf