Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I`m having some problems with my 1991 b2600i when it is

Customer Question
hi JA: Hello. What seems to...
hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I`m having some problems with my 1991 b2600i when it is warming up it suddenly dies and i have to wait a couple of minutes before i can get it to start again.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes, from what i can tell all the electronics work, allso i have changed the ecu.
JA: Are you fixing your B2600i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far i have changed ecu, air flow meter, injectors, distrubutor, rotor, all sparks, all spark leads, the coil, and i have swapped the intake manifoil from a spare engine i have. so i am starting to run out off ideas...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: allso i have changed the fuel regulators and messured the fuel pressure.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
10/19/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 1 year ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Did you check for any malfunction codes .

If yes what codes did you find .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have tried to read the codes but i was not sucsessfull in this...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i prefere to write not call, as i am not that good in English...

No need for a phone call we can work like this .

Did you get the MI(L tp flash codes .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry i dont understand?i tried to hook up a test light to the contact in the engine compartment, (i found a desctiption on how to do it) but i could not get it to light up...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you here?

On the right wheel well inside under the bonnet is a test wire Green ground this wire and then switch on the ignition the MIL will start to flash out codes ,long flash are your tens ,short your ones so two long and 4 short will give you a code 24 .

Let me know what codes you find .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi! i was able to read the codes today, i dont have a mil lamp on my truck.
from what i understand only the California models were fitted with a mil lamp.
anyway, form what i can tell i am getting code 26 (i am getting two long lights and six short)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
btw i allso had dtc 12, 15 and 17 i think, but that can have been from me poking around the enginebay so i deleted the codes and only 26 stayd active.
allso i tried to drive it today, i was planing to drive it untill it stopped and connect a node light to one of the injector leeds so check if the ecu for some reson wanted to cut them out when it reached a sertian temprature.
but ofcourse it did not stop today for some reson so i dont know if the rest of the codes will return or anything like that.

Disconnect the battery for ten minutes test drive then recheck for codes .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have done that and code 26 was the only code that stayd.

Okay check the intake manifold for vacuum leaks .

Check the connection on the purge solenoid and vacuum lines .

If you are at a moment when the purge is open it will cause you the issue you are having .

Try this then please get back to me if needed.

Rgds Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi, i hawe done som testing with a noid light. when the car stoppes it is because th ecu does not give out a injector puls. any ideas?
Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician