Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Turn key doesnt start no current at starter solenoid,

Customer Question
Turn key doesnt start no...
Turn key doesnt start no current at starter solenoid
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Steering wheel turns key fine got clicking noise under dash when trying to start
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 97 protege lx
JA: Are you fixing your Protege yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes dont know where to start lol
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just we didnt know if there was a relay?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
10/6/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. You stated no current at starter solenoid? how did you determine this?Just trying to get a clear picture of what I'm dealing with./Have you stood in front of the vehicle with the hood open as someone turns the ignition to see if there is a click out in the engine compartment?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No clicking outside in the engine tried jumping at the starter solenoid discovered no power there car has power everywhere else

Ok thanx for that info, have you checked any fuses if your not getting the ignition power to the solenoid I will give you a pic of the starter circuit that may help you check and pinpoint the issue. This vehicle does not have an external relay it;s built into the starter. If you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you

cheers, ***** ***** posted.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician