Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Automatic shifter on steering column doesn't move. something

Customer Question

automatic shifter on steering column doesn't move. something appears to be broken in the steering column, because I was able to back out in reverse, but when I put it in drive, it seems to have broken. I was able to put it in park and now it doesn't move at all
JA: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?
Customer: I dont know
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2001 tribute V6
JA: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing. Just pushed it into my driveway
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • This is going to be related to the shifter base broken or the shift interlock. Can you do electrical diag?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris