Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I havea 1996 miata with chapman alarm system installed, I

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hello. What seems to...
Hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i havea 1996 miata with chapman alarm system installed
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: I replaced fuse going into chapmarn alarm and battery is charged
JA: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as i mentioned. replaced the fuse and the battery alarm works it seems, but no noise/attempt on the door locks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/26/2016
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I have seen in several cases where the ecu for the after market alarm systems can fail and cause this issue here needing fully removed and the vehicle wired back to factory or removed and replaced with a new replacement to resolve this issue.

If it is wired in properly and the batteries are all o.k. and this occurred suddenly I suspect the ecu for the alarm system has failed needing replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hello I am just checking in with you to see if there is anything else I can help with here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician