Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Just had egr valve replaced on 2008 mazda cx7 due to cel and

Customer Question
accelration choking down, did not...
just had egr valve replaced on 2008 mazda cx7 due to cel and accelration choking down, did not fix problem
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stay on
JA: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, had it at a shop they replaced egr
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
9/23/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still need help. Car is acting like it is getting choked on fuel and the EGR valve has been replaced.

Do you recall the code number that was/is storing?

This bogging/hesitation your getting is it effected by engine temp, vehicle speed, throttle position, or does it occur all the time?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hesitation in throttle happens between 2k and 3k rpms all the time. Code was for replacing egr valve which I did. Still happening.

Do you recall the code number?

Did the EGR valve replacement address the code?

Can you clean the MAF sensor and throttle body and report back on those results?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician