Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I'm having trouble finding the part I think I need.

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure...I ordered and received the Dorman 917-222 VVT and it wouldn't fit. Everything else lined up except the mounting bracket...the hole into the block didn't line up, and the entire solenoid would seat far enough into the hole. I can't tell from the picture exactly, but this one looks similar to that. Also, it says that it's designed for a 2.3L 4 cylinder, and I have a 3.0L 6 cylinder...is it supposed to fit?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I think this one is the one you need but before you order it give them a call along with your vin number and they can verify it before they ship it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My vin is going to be for a 3.0, not a 2.3...are you saying I should call parts geek? or Dorman?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I would call the supplier (Parts Geek) along with your vin number and they can cross the part number over for you and verify if they have the one you need.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, I'll give them a call and let you know what they say. Hold on.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Sure thing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, I've been on hold with Parts Geek for a while now...and they just hung up on me!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
From what I can see it's Dorman 916-995.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Sorry they hung up. You may be right but I would still get this verified before you have it shipped.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have you had this problem before with this engine? Not being able to find this part?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

No but when I purchase part I use the dealer. Its not uncommon when trying to locate aftermarket parts unfortunately.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Dealer doesn't seem to have the part as well.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay I can open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have a source if you would like to give it a try.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How does that work? I don't know what it means to 'open a post back up'
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I will put the post back on the board for others to view. If they can help they will post back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay...will I be notified if an answer comes in, or do I continue to check back?