Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Comeing home from work yesterday,my 03 Mazda 6 started

Customer Question
blowing steam from under the...
Comeing home from work yesterday,my 03 Mazda 6 started blowing steam from under the hood. When i pulled into my drive way there was a huge amount of steam and antifreeze comeing from the car, and it still continued to run. Raised the hood looking for a busted and it wasn't there. The temprature controll sensor was completely out,put it back in and now car will not start.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/13/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The first step is going to be to determine where it is leaking from. Does the starter crank the engine? Does it sound real easy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was leaking from the side of the motor , where the coolant temperature sensor had dislarged itself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IT just continue to crank,but but doesn't start. Yes it turns over without hesitation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you think the problem might be in the harness or computer because of all the moisture?.

No the sensor should not keep it from starting. How long did you drive with steam coming out? It is possible one of the connectors or modules got wet. What size engine in your mazda 6?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I drove about five minutes tops with a small amount of vapor until i stopped at home,then there was lots of steam about a quart of antifreeze on the ground. Therefore im sure everything under the hood got wet.

Any connections could be causing your problems. Get some connection cleaner and undo any connections you can see and spray the cleaner and allow to dry. Reinstall connection.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rnemoved connectors Sprayed with CRC QD Electronic Cleaner And Sprayed Starting Fluid into the Air Intake, it Acted as if it Wanted to fire atleast 3 or 4 times but failed to start.

Do you have a scanner or access to a scanner?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Uoo73
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could this cause damage to the computer, like short or burn out?

No. That is a communication error.,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still waiting to hear from you regarding U0073 . What does it mean and what can I do about it.?

The U0073 is a CAN system communication error. The procedure is to unplug every connector inspect the pins, clean as need and replug in. If the problem is not found replace the wiring harness. I can direct you but I need you to have some equipment.

Do you have a scan tool that has data from all modules? Which modules don't communicate?

Measure resistance on

I think your coolant leak is causing connection problems.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Car has been .siting for 4 days and fans come on when key is turned on.

Ok. I am opting out. maybe someone else can help

Mazda Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, did the car overheat into the red while driving it when the steam and coolant was spewing out?

ok, how long was it driven while it was overheated?

hello?

do you still need assistance?

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.