Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Comeing home from work yesterday,my 03 Mazda 6 started

Customer Question

Comeing home from work yesterday,my 03 Mazda 6 started blowing steam from under the hood. When i pulled into my drive way there was a huge amount of steam and antifreeze comeing from the car, and it still continued to run. Raised the hood looking for a busted and it wasn't there. The temprature controll sensor was completely out,put it back in and now car will not start.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The first step is going to be to determine where it is leaking from. Does the starter crank the engine? Does it sound real easy?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was leaking from the side of the motor , where the coolant temperature sensor had dislarged itself.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
IT just continue to crank,but but doesn't start. Yes it turns over without hesitation.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you think the problem might be in the harness or computer because of all the moisture?.

No the sensor should not keep it from starting. How long did you drive with steam coming out? It is possible one of the connectors or modules got wet. What size engine in your mazda 6?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I drove about five minutes tops with a small amount of vapor until i stopped at home,then there was lots of steam about a quart of antifreeze on the ground. Therefore im sure everything under the hood got wet.

Any connections could be causing your problems. Get some connection cleaner and undo any connections you can see and spray the cleaner and allow to dry. Reinstall connection.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Rnemoved connectors Sprayed with CRC QD Electronic Cleaner And Sprayed Starting Fluid into the Air Intake, it Acted as if it Wanted to fire atleast 3 or 4 times but failed to start.

Do you have a scanner or access to a scanner?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Uoo73
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could this cause damage to the computer, like short or burn out?

No. That is a communication error.,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am still waiting to hear from you regarding U0073 . What does it mean and what can I do about it.?

The U0073 is a CAN system communication error. The procedure is to unplug every connector inspect the pins, clean as need and replug in. If the problem is not found replace the wiring harness. I can direct you but I need you to have some equipment.

Do you have a scan tool that has data from all modules? Which modules don't communicate?

Measure resistance on

I think your coolant leak is causing connection problems.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Car has been .siting for 4 days and fans come on when key is turned on.

Ok. I am opting out. maybe someone else can help

Expert:  david craig replied 10 months ago.

Hi Im David, did the car overheat into the red while driving it when the steam and coolant was spewing out?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok, how long was it driven while it was overheated?

hello?

do you still need assistance?