Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Im working on a 07 mazda cx 7 they brougt me this truck last

Customer Question
week. with no engine at...
im working on a 07 mazda cx 7 they brougt me this truck last week. with no engine at all inside and the broght me a rebuilt engine and all the parts in the truck i put it all together i started it and it ran but then i dont start and then it starts when no start i have no spark
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
9/13/2016
Mazda Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David , thanks for visiting the site. make sure the crank sensor is secured and that the reluctor wheel isnt dirty or damaged.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i though that was the problem can you send me a pic of how it goes and i see it can be adjusted i also see when it starts i can if i hit the gas it back fires rpms does not rev up

ok give me a few

1. Verify that the CKP sensor is securely installed.
2. Using a thickness gauge, measure the air gap between the plate projections at the back of crankshaft pulley and the CKP sensor.

-

If not within the specification, inspect the plate projections for cracks or bending.
-

If there is any malfunction, replace the plate.

-

If the monitor item condition/specification (reference) is not within the specification, even though there is no malfunction, carry out the
"Circuit Open/Short Inspection".

Air gap
0.5 - 1.5 mm {0.02 - 0.05 in}

Visual Inspection

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the CKP sensor.
3. Verify that there are no metal shavings on the sensor.

-

If the monitor item condition/specification (reference) is without the specification even though there is no malfunction, carry out the "Circuit
Open/Short Inspection".

1. idle the engine

2. Measure the output voltage using an oscilloscope.

-

If not within the specification, replace the CKP sensor.

-

If the monitor item condition/specification (reference) is without the specification, even though the voltage is within the specification, carry out
the "Circuit Open/Short Inspection".

Circuit Open/Short Inspection

1. Inspect the following wiring harnesses for an open or short circuit. (Continuity check)

Open circuit

-

If there is no continuity, the circuit is open. Repair or replace the wiring harness.
-

CKP sensor terminal A and PCM terminal 2P

-

CKP sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 2W

-

CKP sensor terminal C and main relay terminal E

Short circuit

-

If there is continuity, the circuit is shorted. Repair or replace the wiring harness.
-

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is the rear plate has to have teeth all around it

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you sure cause i saw bigger gaps

thats what generates its ac voltage

they can be bigger, as long as they have them

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but i remember seen like missing teeth like somewhere around the plate more gap in between teeth

hang on... im looking at the wrong vehicle...wtf

the first pic of the reluctor wheel is correct

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see i also notice online that it need to be center that it has a mark on both the plate and the sensor

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how can i center it do you have a picture...

center the sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only it says the place has a mark and so is the sensor

theres a factory centering, and if ever removed the case has to be marked with a marker to put it back exactly where it was. the air gap has to be perfect too

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well it was removed by rebuilt person

1. Rotate the crankshaft in the direction of the engine rotation and remove the cylinder block lower blind plug when the No.1 cylinder is at the

point prior to top dead center (TDC) of compression, then install the SST.

2. Rotate the crankshaft in the direction of the engine rotation so that the No.1 piston is at TDC of the compression stroke. (Until the crank

weight contacts SST and stops.)

2. Using a straight edge, draw a straight line directly in the center of the twentieth tooth of the crankshaft pulley pulse wheel (counting

counterclockwise from the empty space).

CAUTION: If the line is not accurately drawn, ignition timing, fuel injection and other engine control systems will be adversely effected.
Draw the straight line carefully using a straight edge.

3. Align the center line of the crankshaft position sensor and the line drawn in Step 2, then install the sensor.
4. Install the CKP sensor fitting bolts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry but whats sst?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
whats the purpuse on removing the engine plug?

sst is special service tool. not needed. you can use a bolt or drill bit. its used to hold the crank at tdc

hows it going?

any updates?

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician