Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I had a problem with my mazda cx7, it was suffering of

Customer Question
Hello, I had a problem...
Hello, I had a problem with my mazda cx7, it was suffering of problems in acceleration between 2 and 3 rpm. I went to tech center and they changed AFR sensor and it started working fine, but the check engine light remained on. They told me that issue is caused by the O2 sensor, so I also bought the O2 sensor. Now, they changed the AFR sensor and O2 sensor, and the check engine is off, but the acceleration problem came up again.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on
JA: What year is your CX-7?
Customer: 2007 CX7 2.3 Turbo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've changed both AFR sensor and O2 sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I´m not sure, I also clenead injectors
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
8/31/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you recall the code numbers that were stored?

Does this 2-3k rpm acceleration concern occur in all gears?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Chris,At this moment with the check engine light on, the scanner shows the following codes P0032 and P0134.I bought new AFR and O2 sensors, and when they are installed the concern with the acceleration is back.The acceleration concern occurs in all gears.Thanks

Thanks,

0032 means there is a concern with the upstream O2 sensor heater. If this is a current code and the sensor has been replaced then the wiring or computer is to blame for this code.

0134 if this code as well is current then its going to be a cheap aftermarket AFR sensor used or a wiring concern to this sensor.

Concerns with sensors that regulate the air fuel ration can cause the hesitation issue your getting. Do you run a oil charged air filter? If so it could be depositing oil onto the air intake sensor prior to the throttle body. Will your scan tool show fuel trims so we can do some testing? Has the PCM been updated?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Chris,I already bought the sensors but when the sensors are replace, the problem with the acceleration occurs again.So, I prefer keep the old sensor with the check engine light on, instead of install the new sensors and have the acceleration problem again.I'm confused since in tech center don't know what else to do and I dont want to buy more items without make sure of the real cause of the problem

Have any of the diag steps for these codes been done to confirm the sensor replacement is the required fix and to confirm its not the other possible causes I mentioned?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure, what are the diag steps?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician