Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Car won't start. Suddenly shit off while driving. Security

Customer Question
Car won't start. Suddenly...
Car won't start. Suddenly shit off while driving. Security indicator light is flashing
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mazda Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: Mazda 6 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if possible. Only tried to restart car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It seems like since it sat for awhile more light are lighting up on the dash.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
8/28/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1-obviously the anti theft module is triggering on when it is not supposed to

2-what we need is a diagnostic scanner to retrieve fault codes from the anti theft module to see what part of the system is failing ,s but since no scanner is available

3- if you get it scanned ,you can post the fault code here & i can look them up for you

4-for now you can try a master reset and see if that will reset the security module and make the car start.

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you

You welcome

Let me know if you need anything else on it,just reply back here & we can continue trouble shooting the problem,

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat