Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

On my CX5 the headlights don't come on. Im trying to see if

Customer Question
on my CX5 the headlights...
on my CX5 the headlights don't come on. Im trying to see if there is an answer here
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: No, would both go out on a 2 year old car?
JA: What year is your CX-5?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but I can't get into the dealer until next week. they are too busy. I was hoping it was a setting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
8/25/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

I would check the bulbs on this first. There is no setting to turn off the headlights. The bulbs may have burned out at different times.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not near my car. Is there a setting that could cause this

No setting to turn off both headlights. Do the high beams work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want a live call would you please respond by text
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The high beams work

HID headlights?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know. I have the Touring model

Would you like a wiring diagram for the head light circuit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I just wanted to know if there was a setting that I control on the dash that might have gotten messed up. Brightness? Something... If not I will have to just wait until they can see me next week

Ok, look in the owners manual for a setting. I do not see a setting to that would turn off the headlights.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks anyway

We tried.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician