peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I need to replace the directional blinker on the driver's

Customer Question

Good evening! I need to replace the directional blinker on the driver's side rear of my 2006 Tribute. I can find the two Phillips screws closest to the door moulding, but there's another connector someplace that I can't locate.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've changed other bulbs before and this looked very straightforward. Turned out not so much,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really. The outer shell of the light fixture is cracked but I don't think it's jammed.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The driver's side rear light fixture. The top light (brakes) works, the bottom light (backup) works, the turn signal (middle) has either burnt out or cracked.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info isnt showing the exact procedure on how this is removed but in some cases it is just the 2 screws removed then it pulls out and away from the body.Check behind any trim or moldings for any hidden screws needing removed to remove this here.If this is or was checked and none are found let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete