Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I had code p0735 shift solenoid a electrical and cel & at

Customer Question
light on a 08 mazda...
I had code p0735 shift solenoid a electrical and cel & at light on a 08 mazda 5 for about 10 days. I changed shift solenoid a & b and continue to get the same code. Any suggestions ?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: They both go off and come back on but the cel may come on by itself for a good amount of time then the at light will come on as the car seems to want to downshift or jerk down. Both lights usually go off after the car sits for a good while and then reappear usually after long periods.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a 08 Mazda 5 and I changed both shift solenoid a & b after getting the p0735 shift solenoid a electrical code. I also cleaned the maf sensor with maf cleaner.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also changed the egr valve after taking the car to the Mazda dealer for the cel & at light and they told me I had a pending egr valve code. I continued to have the cel & at light and took the car to a auto parts store and they did a diagnostic with a obd scanner. Is this service free or is there a fee ?
JA: The Mazda Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: What type of charge would I be looking at?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mazda Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much is the rest of the fee ?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Do you have a estimate of the cost ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/22/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Did you do these diagnostic steps? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/0735.pdf

Which shifts are having issues?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This issue seems to happen around 30 - 35 mph speed. I can do some of these diagnostics but not sure of the location of shift solenoid f and pressure control solenoid b; keep in mind that I have an 08 mazda 5 sport. Can you help with these solenoid locations ?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician