Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Weather car is parked or moving getting a creeking sound,

Customer Question
weather car is parked or...
weather car is parked or moving getting a creeking sound
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: not shifiting gears, turning, bumps
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: mazda 6 i believe a 05
JA: What year is your Mazda?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
turning steering wheel dont look like any boots are not sealed
7/24/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Can you hear this creaking sound if you setting still and try to bounce the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wont do it when bouncing car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
setting still and turning wheel and when going over bumps it seems

Okay so you hear it when your moving and turning and going over bumps ?

The mot common cause for this type of noise is usually in most cases caused by dry stabilizer bushing on the sway bar. You can check this by getting under the car and taking some WD 40 and soak the bushing real well and then take it for a drive. If the noise clears then you need to replace the dry bushing. See the link below for there location.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/bushing%20Jul%2024.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could it possibly be controll arm bushings or that problem with telscoping steering problem

Your Mazda dose not have control arms or bushing, it uses a strut system with no control arms. This type of noise is most likely coming from the sway bar bushing. Theres really nothing else that can cause it and the bushing are the common cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when car is jacked up it doesnt do it

Yes thats because the suspension drops and the weight is remove . Its very simple to determine if the bushings are the cause. Soak them down with some penetrating oil and take it for a drive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician