Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

This morning after getting out of my car, my remote would

Customer Question
not lock the car. I...
This morning after getting out of my car, my remote would not lock the car. I got back in the car and the dsc light is flashing as well as the symbol for traction (I think). The radio does not turn on and the display that would show the clock and the radio station is only displaying a red line. Everything else seems to be working in the car. I read the manual to reset the DSC light and the traction but everything else I mentioned still does not work. If I turn the car off and back on the dsc light etc starts flashing again. Any thoughts for a single female who knows nothing about cars?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
7/20/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

1. Sorry you have been waiting so long, I believe I can help if help is still wanted/needed.
  2. I will be online another 1 hours after this post.
  3. Yes you have been charged already.
  4. Yes I know it is after midnight.
  5. No I am not online between breakfast and lunch.
  6. This is not my answer, just a inquiry if help is still needed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still need help. I also noticed that the inside dome lights are not working either.

Dome lights will not come on when a door is opened, nor will they come on when turned on manually?

Do the interior power door locks work from the lock/unlock switch?

Key fob will not lock nor unlock?

Was the dynamic stability control light flashing with the key out?

Did all of this happen at once?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything happened at once. Interior power locks work by the switch. Key fob will not unlock, lock or arm the alarm. Battery is good on the key fob. The stability control is only flashing when the car is on. I can correct that by the manual directions of turning the wheel to the right all the way then to the left. As soon as the car is turned off and turned back on, the "DSC off" light is flashing again. When all of this happened it also reset the trip mileage. As I stated before the display for the radio and clock etc is blank with just ne red vertical line.

Have you tried scanning the vehicle to see if there are codes stored for the DSC?

Can you comment on the courtesy lights?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not brought it to a mechanic to run a diagnostic on it. (I am assuming that is what you mean by "scanning the vehicle for codes")The lights inside the car no longer come on when I open the door or when the car is running.

You said "Any thoughts for a single female who knows nothing about cars?" Does that mean you are not wanting to know how to diagnose this through alot of tests on your behalf or does it mean you are wanting to know what is possibly to blame and what to expect prior to going to the shop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not opposed to doing my own tests if it is like hold down this button while pressing the another button type of thing. I am wondering if you have any idea as to what it could be so I don't get ripped off at the dealership.

This diag and repair is not going to be that simple. For the warning lights on a scan tool is needed to see which part needs to be electrically diagnosed and replaced. For the radio it will need to be removed and the power and ground wires to it tested using a DVOM to see which is missing.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To be honest I never really got any ideas as to what it could be. I did look on the internet and got more of a diagnosis. I was hoping a Mazda tech could give me some idea so I would not be blindsided at the dealership. I can't really say I am satisfied, I am starting and ending the process with no more information then when I started.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician