Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I bought a replacement remote 04 mazda 3, I took it to the

Customer Question
I bought a replacement remote...
I bought a replacement remote for my 04 mazda 3, I took it to the local key shop to preprogrammed and they're saying the ECU unit in the car isn't going into the programming mode, how do I verify this is true? And how do I fix it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
7/12/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

To diagnose why a key less entry remote will not program you would need to follow the steps in this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/keyless%20enry.pdf

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I need one of those code reader machines, Thanx for the quick response though

Step 5 does require a scan tool with programming capability.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where Can i find the keyless fuse?

All of the fuses in this file are related.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/kely.png

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician