Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm a satisfied owner of a 2011 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Sedan

Customer Question

I'm a satisfied owner of a 2011 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Sedan with the Technology Package. Recently I have had a problem with the navigation screen going dim when the headlights are on. I took the car to my local dealership for an electrical system diagnosis and was told nothing was wrong. With the dash lighting adjustment set to maximum, the navigation screen is barely readable. The technicians tell me this is normal, but I have only experienced the problem in the last month or so. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions as to what I can do? Right now I have the choice at night of reading my nav screen or turning off the headlights. This is a serious safety problem!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Since the dimmer is adjusted correct and this recently occurred and its now stuck this way, this means its the LCD screen for the navigation that is to blame. It is not adjusting the brightness intensity correct per the input it is receiving. You will have to replace the navigation unit to address this.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris