Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

05 mazda tribute, no fuel pressure, 154000, replaced fuel

Customer Question
hi JA: Hi. What is your...
hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 05 mazda tribute
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: no fuel pressure
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently?
Customer: 154000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced fuel pump and fuel pump driver module
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i got power coming out of fuel pump module
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: but no grond
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
7/11/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Do you have power at the fuel pump connector? If no power you have a open in the wire between the module and the pump. Look at the harness carefully, sometimes mice chew electrical wires. Also check the wires resistance between the module and pump. Have you checked the fuel pump relay and the fuse?

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have power going to the pump at all tiimes with the key on. i just dont have a ground from the white wire coming out of the fuel pump driver to the pump

Try running your own ground with scrap piece of wire and see if the pump runs.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yeah pump works if i jump the ground
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the fuel pump driver module is not putting out a ground for the fuel pump
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have good power going in to the driver module from the inertia fuel shutoff switch. and also a good ground going in to the feul pump driver module

I dont have access to a wiring diagram, Im going to opt out and another expert will help. Do not reply because it will lock the question back to me. Thanks.

Dan, ASE Master Technician