Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have a Mazda rx8 and my hazard will not stop blinking.

Customer Question
Hello! I have a Mazda...
Hello! I have a Mazda rx8 and my hazard will not stop blinking. Help???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2016
Mazda Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my Name is ***** ***** you removed the flasher to stop the hazards from flashing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you mean by flashers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have removed the hazard fuse but that also controls my blinkers. Which I need for everyday driving.

there is a flasher control module under the dash left of the steering wheel

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will that make me lose my turn signals ?

its a dual output module....the flasher circuitry and the turn signal circuitry are 2 different out puts

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all I do is unplug it right ??

unplug it to verify it stops the flashers, but you will have to get a new one because leaving it unplugged will cause the turn signals to not operate

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay what happens if that doesn't solve the problem ? Could I have knocked it loose and caused it to do this ?

as long as you havent been under the dash you should have been able to knock it loose. if that doesnt fix the problem then we will look at wiring issues. but it should fix the problem as wiring issues arent that commom

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I'll let you know if that works.

ok, please keep me posted...thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it be anything else other than a flash module

sorry, its kind of hectic around here today.....yes, it could be the hazard button/switch being stuck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How should I start to take the center console panel off so I can remove the button and check it out.

you should be able to hear or feel the switch click by just pushing it a couple times.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay it seems to click just fine. Could it be any of the fuses?

it says you already checked the fuse for the hazards...correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure did. The hazard fuse. Another fuse I should check ?

no other fuses, it sure sounds like the hazard switch is stuck on, which is controlled by the flasher module. do you have an ohm meter handy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not. I'm having trouble trying to get my flasher module out. Any ideas?

did you get a replacement flasher module?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ordered a spare

lay on your back and remove the connector and 2 screws that hold it to the bracket

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have put a new flasher module in and it still doesn't work. They keep flashing. What next?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

the only other thing it can be is the hazard switch itself. remove it. put an ohmmeter on the contacts and push the switch on then off and see if the meter reads open then closed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It can't be a shorted wire? All the wire are connected to the hazard button. What's my first step? Disconnect it all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I just disconnected the wires that go to it? Would that work ?

its not going to be a shorted wire. that would cause the hazard lights to stay on steady without blinking. yes you can disconnect the wiring.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It seems like now my drivers door is locked and now it seems like my lock button won't even work.

is this a new problem? or did it happen when you disconnected the wiring?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Happened during. Door won't even open with the key

happened during what? replacing the module?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Taking the hazard button out.. could it be a bad battery causing all this? My drivers door is locked and won't open

will it open with the key? or do you mean from inside?

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.