Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Have a no start on a 04 Mazda 6 v6 auto trans car died on the road, originally I thought that fuel pump was bad...

Customer Question
Have a no start on...
Have a no start on a 04 Mazda 6 v6 auto trans car died on the road, originally I thought that fuel pump was bad it does come on. On attempting to start the car there is a component that gives off a loud harmonic buzz coming from under the air box & will turn off when you unplug the mass airflow sensor or when you turn the key off
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park & don't believe it has a lock feature
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2004 wagon 6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses checked the fuel pump powers on unfortunately the guy helping my wife disconnected the battery so I lost any codes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car starter does turn over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
6/18/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors , proper fuel pressure and good engine compression. In order to determine why it will not start the first thing you are going to need to do is to check each one of these thing and see which one you are lacking. If you can do this for me and post back with the results, I will help you determine the cause.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician