Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

I have a 2012 Mazda 3, the AC compressor cycles even after

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Mazda 3, the AC compressor cycles even after confirming the proper charge. I get a fault code of PO532:00-28 AC Refrigerant Pressor Sensor A Circuit input.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi . This code indicates the following issue ..Normal Operation Under normal operation, the A/C pressure transducer receives a ground from the PCM. A 5-volt reference voltage is supplied to the A/C pressure transducer from the PCM.The A/C pressure transducer then sends a voltage to the PCM to indicate the A/C pressure.• DTC P0532 (A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low) — The A/C pressure transducer inputs a feedback voltage to the PCM.This DTC will set if the feedback voltage is less than 0.26 volts for at least 2 seconds and the ambient air temperature is greater than 0°C (32°F).• DTC P0533 (A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit High) — The A/C pressure transducer inputs a feedback voltage to the PCM. This DTC will set if the feedback voltage is greater than 4.95 volts for at least 2 seconds and the ambient air temperature is greater than 0°C (32°F). This pinpoint test is intended to diagnose the following: • Wiring, terminals or connectors• A/C pressure transducer• PCM. In most cases all you have to do is evacuate the system, vacuum it, and then recharge the system with 28oz which is in your case 1.75Lbs so you are still low on charge . evacuate the system, vacuum it, and then recharge .On your manifold gauge you need with the low side around 35 - 40 psi .and high side 190 to 200psi .which is around 2 to 3 cans of 134a 12oz . Overcharging or undercharging will cause the air to be warm and set the compressor to cycle .. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.