internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years of automotive experience and diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

I have a1999 mazda 626 auto trans. It will not start.Have a

Customer Question

I have a1999 mazda 626 auto trans. It will not start.Have a new battery and everything electical works. Thanks Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The engine will not do anything when I turn the key on start.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I will try to fix it my self especially since i am unemployed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: the car has 169,000 miles anew battery and ran really well before this incident
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon - mazda tech.The starter motor is bad. A replacement will fix the starting problem.If you want to test it yourself, you could hook up a jumper cable going from the positive terminal of the battery to the positive terminal of the starter. It should crank immediately if not then the the starter is bad.Please rate me positive, thank you.