Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mazda Diagnostics
18617752

I'm currently buying a 2000 mazda 626 n JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

I'm currently buying a 2000 mazda 626 n
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and the diagnostics is giving a p1569 error. Is it serious
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No will take to a mechanic
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: No that's all that's wrong
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
The P1569 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the variable tumble control solenoid (VTCS). The PCM turns the variable tumble control solenoid valve ON to close the crescent shaped shutter valve in the intake manifold when certain engine operating conditions have been met. This can be an issue of a problem in the wiring to the solenoid, a problem with a vacuum line to the solenoid (very common), or a faulty VTCS solenoid itself. The solenoid sells for around $65 or so and the Labor Time Guide calls for a little over 3 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. As for this being a "serious" issue- with a problem in this solenoid, it can result in engine performance issues as well as engine hard starts or long cranking times. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
..