Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My car won't start steering wheel light comes on and check…

Customer Question
My car won't start steering...
My car won't start steering wheel light comes on and check engine light. The security light with they key flashes but once I turn it to on it goes away but the steering wheel stays lit. And when I turn the key to start the engine the radio turns off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 2 days by:
4/25/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry for the ling delay, its been a beautiful weekend and many took days off I guess. I just got to your post working down the list. I believe I can help if you are still in need of help.
Yes I am
Is the battery voltage good at 12.6 volts?Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?Not sure I am familiar with the steering wheel light, where on the instrument cluster is this?I assume the engine will not even crank?
2007 Mazda 3 2.3L won't crank over
It's been sitting in my driveway for 3 days because it won't start
Not sure I am familiar with the steering wheel light, where on the instrument cluster is this?If you remove the start relay under the hood and test the 4 or 5 pins under it. Does one have battery voltage 12.6 volts? While holding the key in the start position does another one of those pins have power?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris