Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Same moonroof issue as on this page JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

same moonroof issue as on this page
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This morning, noticed rear edge of moonroof was lowered slightly (as if slide back had just begun). Turned vehicle on, pressed tilt button up, and glass slid fully back--with the TILT button pressed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: holding buttons in various positions for several seconds hoping for a reset. Then disconnecting neg term from batt and reconnecting.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: with forward tilt pressed, I can hear a small click, but not in the other three positions of the two buttons
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you it is very important to know what year and model your Mazda is. Please post back when you can with complete information and we can work from there .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 Speed6 GT
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain what type of problem you are having with the roof?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it not in the thread above?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is but Im not clear on what your having an issue with, Is the top not fully closing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fully open in slide back position
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried doing a system reboot. Try disconnecting both battery cables and touching them together for a few seconds and then reconnect them and see if the system resets.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay at this point I am out of ideas , I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something new to add. If the can help, they will post back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you