Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The evap emissions code (0455) keeps coming on after I reset

Customer Question

the evap emissions code (0455) keeps coming on after I reset the computer. Thinking from seeing on different sites that it might be the solenoid valve.................2009 mazda cx9
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes, failed state emmisions test twice....keep resetting and won't go away, tried new gas cap.......
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mazda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** code means the evap system has a large leak which usually is caused by fuel cap or vent solenoid. If neither of those fix problem then next step is to have a smoke machine connected to find the leak. Here are replacement instructions for the vent valve, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.-https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bql7opxps0wn8g/cvv.pdf?dl=0