Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Won't crank all lights come on and it turns over was running…

Customer Question
Won't crank all lights...

Won't crank all lights come on and it turns over was running fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

It turns over and trys to start but acts like it's not getting fire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yea I'm 2 hours away from home

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Looked at the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?

Nothing at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Mazda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mazda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mazda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
3/14/2016
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition. You may be missing spark due to a number of things such as a bad cam or crank sensor, it could be a cam timing issue or exhaust restriction, or it may be a fuel related issue. If the problem happened shortly after getting fuel then you could have a contamination issue, or you may just have a failing pump. If it seems to try to start but won't continue to run that's often caused by low fuel pressure.

What year and model is the vehicle?