Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I need to splice the fog light wires lower fog lights of a

Customer Question
I need to splice the...
I need to splice the fog light wires for the lower fog lights of a 2007 mazda 6 to the integrated headlights from a 2005. the connector that goes to the headlights are the same in both cars. I need to know the colors of the wires in that connector that would power the fogs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I just need to know the color of the wires in the connector
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i know that my switxh powers the wires that would go to the lower fogs if they were there. so i just need to know which wires power the fogs in the headlight connector so i can splice the lower wires that power with the swith to them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: nope I just need to know what wires power the fogs integrated into the headlights
JA: Our top Mazda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mazda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mazda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
3/13/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I am kind of confused on which year model wire colors your needing so below I have included the diagrams for both years.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07fog.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05fog.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 2007 and put the headlights from a 2005 on it with the integrated fogs. I changed the switch to one with the fog switch.but it powers the connector to the bottom of the bumper where a fog kit wud go..i want to make the fogs integrated in the headlights work so i need to know where to splice the lower wires to in the headlight connector so the switch will turn them on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope that along with the pics it better clarifies what i need to know

The connector view you provided. That is from the 07 wire harness, to which lamp.

I am wondering why my 05 Mazda 6 wire diagrams are showing stand alone fog lights when your saying they are integrated into the headlights. Are these OEM headlights or aftermarket?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The headlights are OEM i took them from an 05 and put them into my 07..i also opened the panel on the 07 headlights which had dummies in the spot whe the fogs are in the 05 and the wiring is there to connect if there was a bulb..2 connectors a white wire and black wire same ones that are connected to the bulb inside the 05 headlight. Maybe i need to connect the stand alone fog wire to one of them?

After your wire colors you mentioned and reviewing my diagrams. None of it matches up. I think its best I let someone else try to figure this out for you.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician