Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I have a 2005 Mazda Tribute with 2.3L eng. The engine runs

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mazda Tribute with 2.3L eng. The engine runs fine on start up but after it warms up it starts to die unless you press the gas pedal to keep it running. What could it be? It is not registering any fault codes.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help. Has the mechanic tried to clean a throttle body yet? Is it just at idle where you see the problem. Does it ever want to stall while you're driving it down The road? Let us know thank you