Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2008 cx 9 electrical issue. Radio doesn't work, display

Customer Question
screen is blank, doors only...
2008 cx 9 electrical issue. Radio doesn't work, display screen is blank, doors only lock when driving.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
2/28/2016
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Has the 30 amp IGKEY1 fuse been checked?

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, the fuse is good. I also replaced the BCM from the driver side kick panel and the problem persists.

Have the radio powers and grounds been tested?

No, could that cause the key fob, display, and radio issue?

Yes, they share a power feed. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to heck the radio powers and grounds.

The connections behind the radio?

Yes, power and ground would need to be tested at the radio to see if there is an input missing and then concentrate on that circuit. If the powers and grounds are actually present but the radio doesn't work then the radio has failed and you have multiple issues going on.