Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

The speedometer failed, both the check engine light and

Customer Question
The speedometer failed, both...

The speedometer failed, both the check engine light and power steering light are on, and the code is Q0121

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The speedometer failed, both the check engine light and power steering light are on, and the code is Q0121Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/4y4ac-mazda-3-speedometer-power-steering-failed.html#ixzz40dGwDoWiThe speedometer failed, both the check engine light and power steering light are on, and the code is Q0121Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/4y4ac-mazda-3-speedometer-power-steering-failed.html#ixzz40dGwDoWiThe speedometer failed, both the check engine light and power steering light are on, and the code is Q0121Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/4y4ac-mazda-3-speedometer-power-steering-failed.html#ixzz40dGwDoWiits a mazda 3, 2008, automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes.its at my mecahnics' hoping to tell him what it is

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Bought another ecu the other one didnt even crank the car, sort of like wating for the clutch imput

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?

It has a K&W filter assembly

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
2/20/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

First, what is the year and model of your Mazda?

What is the engine size?

Automatic or manual transmission?

If automatic, and noticable issues with shifting?

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible. At times I may need to ask for more information or clarification.

If you plan to repair yourself, this may require some diagnosing first and I need to know if you have a digital volt/ohm meter and if you have a scan tool with testing and live data capabilities

This person never answererd my question
the facts once again2008 Mazda 3, auto, no abs, manual windows, no pdl.
runs great
ps light on (there is fluid in reservoir, and there is power steering/ assist
check engine light is on, and the code is Q0121speedometere does not work
Mazda Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi .

Could you please confirm the code as there is no Q codes , You could have a P.B,C or U codes

so could be you have a P0121 code ???.

But for your problem if the Vehicle speed sensor VSS, fails this will affect the power steering system .

Please rechech the codes for me for further assistance ,.

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician