Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia,
Experience:  Lead Automotive Tech at Belle Tire
92135077

I have a 02 protégé5 getting code p0171which indicates lean

Customer Question

I have a 02 protégé5 getting code p0171which indicates lean fuel then code p1250 , I was going to buy fuel pressure selonoid , obd indicates will this pass my emmision problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I did a complete tune up car was skipping replaced wires coil packs plugs ran good for a day then ck engine light on. Plug in obd indicates p1250
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 1 year ago.

The rubber intake boot between the MAF and the throttle body commonly rots and cracks underneath on these causing P0171. I don't have the p1250 code definition in front of me at the moment. Have you checked that yet?

Any luck with the protege? If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know. Otherwise please don't forget to leave a positive review!