Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My son broke my remote so I purchased new remote and put the…

Customer Question
My son broke my remote...
My son broke my remote so I purchased new remote and put the original blade key on new remote and programed new remote and it works fine but now the car will not start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
2/14/2016
Mazda Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

you need to reprogram the key

how do I do that?

do you have a spare key that works

The car only came with one key and remote .the key will turn the ignition on but the car will not start

without another key the only way to reprogram the key is take it to the dealer so they can set the computer back to the key

Thanks for telling me what I already new ...

i wish i could have gave you an answer that you could do it your self but with only key it is just not possible to do i do apologize