Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

We changed the PVC or pcv whatever it is on my daughters…

Customer Question
We changed the PVC...
We changed the PVC or pcv whatever it is on my daughters mazda 6,. Now it will not stay running. It starts first e then reve up and kills.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
2/13/2016
Mazda Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, this can be caused by a couple of things;

• Bad PCV valve (it does happen that new ones are bad occasionally)
  • Moving the PCV hose has casued it to crack

You can check if the new valve is bad by removing it and holding your thumb oover the hose while starting the vehicle. If it starts and runs the valve is bad. If it does not inspect the hose to the valve for cracks or spitting.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!