peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My name is ***** *****. My advanced keyless entry on my

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. My advanced keyless entry on my Mazda Miata 2007 just stopped working moments ago. The lights still turn on when I press buttons on the card, but it's not doing anything
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My advanced keyless entry on my Mazda Miata 2007 just stopped working moments ago. The lights still turn on when I press buttons on the card, but it's not doing anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The battery may be weak in the card causing this issue here.Even though the light flashes the battery can be weak in some cases and needs replaced.If you have not had the battery checked/tested or replaced at all I would see if this is the cause needing repaired here.If this is or was already replaced and does not correct the issue let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete