Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Okay thank you I am trying get more horsepower in my old 89…

Customer Question
Okay thank you I am...
Okay thank you I am trying get more horsepower in my old 89 b2600, the engine is to old to want to try and get more horsepower out of it, do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2016
Mazda Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

How many miles on the truck/engine?

240,000 miles

At 240 the engine is worn, rebuilding it is the only way to get more power. Unfortunately the cost to rebuild will exceed the value of the truck unless you can do the labor yourself.

Any attempt to install horsepower boosters to an engine with 240K will result in the destruction of the engine.

Let me know what I can do to help you with your questions

Thank you