Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2003 Mazda 6 it's got the 2.3 4spd auto with manual

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2003 Mazda 6 it's got the 2.3 4spd auto with manual option while driving at freeway speed it slips out and revs up let off gas it goes back in I drive it 110 mi a day to work it's fine on the way home it does it maybe 6-10 times but lower speeds it fine any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine weather the problem is an internal concern or an electronic control issue the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll try to have it done tomorrow I'm starting to wonder if it's in the valve body.. But thanks for the response I'll post back as soon as I hear something
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering would a normal code scan read a trans code? I know they don't for abs... Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There are some code readers that will but in most cases its best to use a full scan tool.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I was able to get it scanned this morn no codes showed another thing I noticed is right before it pops out it has a slight shutter and does it around 60-65 mph
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases if there are no fault codes setting then that usually means the problem is not likely a electronic control issue and most likely an internal problem. The shudder your describing in most cases means the transmission is likely loosing pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for your help I'll more than likely have it checked out at a shop if it was a old Chevy I'd be golden on doing it myself thanks again Kevin
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.