Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My wife drove her 2015 Mazda 6 to work when she came out to…

Customer Question
My wife drove her 2015...
My wife drove her 2015 Mazda 6 to work when she came out to leave it won't crank over . The dash light (red lock)is flashing and when I depress the brake pedal an ***** *****ght in the start button flashes as well. A red key with exclamation mark also illuminates with pedal being depressed. I have jumper cables attached from my car attached. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
In addition to the no start problem I described earlier the left front door won't lock electrically . The lock can be manually applied and works that way.
1/31/2016
Mazda Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Though this can be caused by a couple of different things, it is usually a key issue. You need to try your extra key. If the problem persists then you have a programming issue in the control module. This is a common problem. Try holding the key close to the steering column before trying to start it. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

I held both key fobs to the start button,neither made any difference . This car is one year old with 12k miles on it and has never done this before. Could the left front door lock not working be related ? I noticed that the left front door won't lock with the others.

It is possible that someone tampered with the door and tripped the anti theft in the car. If it no longer can work the lock then the car may have locked down.