Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I have a 99 Mazda Protégé with a 1.6L here in my

Customer Question

I have a 99 Mazda Protégé with a 1.6L here in my shop. Was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this and might give me some direction in to fixing it. Customer stated that vehicle has been a no start intermittently for like a week. But when it would not start he would just keep trying to start it and the boom it would start. Then he was driving the road and the dash went out. All gauges and lights went out and the vehicle, although the engine was running, would only run about 30 MPH and then occasionally speed up and then back to 30. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked for malfunction codes .

Think we may have a few issues here ,

First check for malfunction codes .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes pending or memory.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Can you get into live data and check readings .

If you can get me the following when the engine is running .

MAF , St fuel trim , , one at idle and then again at 2000rpm.

Greg

Greg