Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Our CX-5 has a problem with shutting off. The button is

Customer Question
pressed to turn off and...
Our CX-5 has a problem with shutting off. The button is pressed to turn off and the engine does in fact turn off. However everything else in the car is still working. It is almost like the ignition switch instead of going in the off position somehow thinks it in the accessory mode and leaves everything running except the engine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
1/22/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mazda has released a service bulletin that deals with this type of problem which may be caused by water intrusion in the C-15 connector. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Have a look as it may very well be the problem you are having. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Stay%20on%20Jan%2022.pdf