Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My Mazda BT50 3 litre Diesel over heated and its blowing…

Customer Question
My Mazda BT50 3 litre...
My Mazda BT50 3 litre Diesel over heated and its blowing white smoke out of the exhaust,checked belts,coolant level all good.
The temp seems to go up then back down.
Much appreciate any info.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
1/18/2016
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** the overheating and white smoke it sounds like your head gasket is leaking. White smoke is caused by coolant entering combustion chamber and burning out of the exhaust. To verify this is the problem you can use a pressure tester on cooling system, if system does not hold pressure then this would verify the headgasket is leaking. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.