peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My 2005 Mazda MPV minivan, does not shut off when the key is

Customer Question

My 2005 Mazda MPV minivan, does not shut off when the key is removed; the engine fan runs, dashboard lights turn On/Off or the engine tries to restart. is this a symptom of a bad ignition switch?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this does sound like an issue with the electronic ignition switch itself with it needing replaced.I have seen severa of these fail before needing replaced to correct this fault.The only other issues I have seen is if any after market remote start is installed if the remote start is acting up or faulty this will cause this needing removed or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete